Thursday 27 February 2014

Happy "It's Not Your" Birthday!!!

Morning.... OK I have a new obsession... Metal Stamps.... I originally bought this set to make some jewellery, but then it hit me that I could use it on the thick metal alu foil I have in my stash... Perfect when you have to make a card for a very random occasion... A "It's Not Your" Birthday card.... Now the story behind the card.... One of the Lads who works for me won't actually tell us when his birthday is... we just have a 2 week window, so today we are off for a team lunch and is said he didn't want a birthday card or anything... So I made him a none birthday card :-)  Here it is!!


A close up of the sentiment...


Card Recipe:
Metal Stamps: Newsprint 3mm Lowercase from ImpressArt
Stamp: Stampin Up Off The Grid
Versamark
Smoky Slate and Basic Grey card stock from Stampin Up
Foil from The Craft Bug

My Simon Says Stamps order finally despatched yesterday so hopefully I'll have more new stash to play with next week... and talking of that, Rachel and I have decided (apart from small Clearly Besotted Orders of course) that we are going to shop our own stash for the months of March and April and buy nothing... I think It's going to be really hard but I have so much stuff never used that I don't think it will be far off real shopping.

Talking of shopping... You can find my

I have reduced some of the stamps today too....

Have a great Thursday...



7 comments:

  1. A wonderful CAS design and perfect for a guy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... you've made it public now so I guess there's no backing out!! Lol
    First step in shopping my stash is to find my metal foil... need to try this, I love what you've done!! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Jen. A fab male card. I bet he was chuffed
    Love Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, this is brilliant and the sentiment is fantastic. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea work so well it looks amazing yet so simple sure you're colleague will really appreciate it. You are very brave no craft buying for 2 months!! you deserve a prize if you succeed Like I said on my blog recently you never can have enough stash you just get more boxes !!Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to use the metal foil and a fabulous male design :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx