Wednesday 9 March 2011

Blue Sky & Butterflies

Well I was hoping that the sunshine would stay around for a little longer this week but no such luck.  Anyhow, I found it again at Flutter by Wednesday's with this weeks challenge in the form of an inspirational picture with lovely blue sky and daisies.  So here is my inspired card.....



I've used a simple butterfly stamp I picked up in the bargain bin at Hobby Craft after Christmas (sorry I don't know the make), and heat embossed it with Sea foam White Heat It Up powder.  This has been mounted onto teal blue (Nitwits Gingerfella collection) and yellow papers (My Mind's Eye True Blue Collection) which I have distressed at the edges using those plastic templates you used to get from Anita's about 7 or 8 years ago (way before the invention of nestabilites).

This is mounted on a Kraft card blank from paper mania and I have finished it off with some ribbon from the Smirk range, some gold dew drops from The Ribbon Girl and a happy birthday sentiment from Penny Black birthday clear set.

I'm also entering this into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties - Ribbon
I really hope you like this one, it has brought the sunshine back to my day

Jx

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Jen! love the wee butterfly and the gorgeous dp's :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jen...love how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us at FBW

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at FBW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love how you picked up on the colors from the inspiration photo. Great idea to emboss a white butterfly on kraft and use a kraft background. :) Thanks for playing along at Flutterby Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the distressing!! Great card! Thanks for joining in my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous card chick - love those colours and the butterfly is so pretty :) Thank you for joining us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx